The brig sailed from Sydney on a sealing voyage on 7th September 1828, under the command of Captain William Kinnear, bound for Macquarie Island via New Zealand. She had been making regular visits to Macquarie for elephant seal oil since being refitted by Joseph Underwood in 1823. En route, she called at Campbell Island and was wrecked there in October of the same year, two of the crew being drowned. The first intimation of the wreck was the arrival at Sydney on 22nd September 1829 of the ship Elizabeth and Mary with the survivors of the Perserverance on board.
This is the same ship that discovered Campbell Island in 1810. Her original tonnage of 134 tons was reduced to 122 tons during rebuilding in 1823. Length 70ft, beam 20.5ft and depth 8ft.